Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

TezSessionManager - Exception while waiting for Tez client to be ready

Rising Star

Hi folks,

I'm following HDP Hello World tutorial. In Lab 3 when I execute the PIG script by checking "Execute on Tez" checkbox I got the following error. I think I have a configuration issue.

Have an idea?

I've attached the log file.

Thanks

Özgür

[PigTezLauncher-0] ERROR org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezSessionManager - Exception while waiting for Tez client to be ready 
 org.apache.tez.dag.api.TezUncheckedException: Invalid configuration of tez jars, tez.lib.uris is not defined in the configuration 
 	at org.apache.tez.client.TezClientUtils.setupTezJarsLocalResources(TezClientUtils.java:168) 
 	at org.apache.tez.client.TezClient.getTezJarResources(TezClient.java:841) 
 	at org.apache.tez.client.TezClient.start(TezClient.java:380) 
 	at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezSessionManager.createSession(TezSessionManager.java:96) 
 	at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezSessionManager.getClient(TezSessionManager.java:211) 
 	at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezJob.run(TezJob.java:158) 
 	at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezLauncher$1.run(TezLauncher.java:195) 
 	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) 
 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) 
 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) 
 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) 
 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) 
 2016-01-25 11:06:57,500 [PigTezLauncher-0] ERROR org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezJob - Cannot submit DAG 

tezerror.txt

33 REPLIES 33

Master Mentor

@Özgür Akdemirci you can find those properties by clicking on pig client and then going to configs, same steps with Tez.

Rising Star

nope 😄 they do not exist, I've already checked 😄

I started a fresh installation with this document, and it'll be "my last trial" with hdp. hdp is really a tough job. 😞

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari/Ambari-2.2.0.0/index.html

Master Mentor
@Özgür Akdemirci

Good luck! HDP is easy 🙂 Ambari rocks. Please make sure not to ignore any errors during the install.

Also, once done then attach the output of this

curl -u admin:admin -i -H 'X-Requested-By: ambari' -X GET http://host:8080/api/v1/clusters/clustername?format=blueprint

Master Mentor

@Özgür Akdemirci You can install clients in ambari server and one of data nodes.

Region server will be on data nodes (not master nodes)

Node manager on data nodes

Rising Star

What about Phoenix Query, Spark Thrift and NFS Gateway?

And about the clients: i think it was the reason why my last installation halted, I trust you :D, and select ambari-server and one data node. @Neeraj Sabharwal

Master Mentor

@Özgür Akdemirci They look good to me. Also, we can add client tools in any node after the install if we have to

Rising Star

@Neeraj Sabharwal It's not completed yet 😄 (I think vm cluster is not a good idea), one installation attempt failed, I increased the following timeout values,

agent.package.install.task.timeout = 1800-->25000 agent.task.timeout = 900->25000

if this attempt succeeds, it may be added to the documentation 😄

Rising Star

Have a good night (good morning for me), @Neeraj Sabharwal

Yesterday I made a typo in hive mysql db config, services did not started, but today, I correct it, and I have an ambari dashboard without any red light (unbelievable :)) . I hope it doesnot affect the installation. 😞

I'll configure Files(HDFS) and Pig instances. Let me find its hdp tutorial...

curl output is attached...

abcdefgh.txt

PS: btw, if time difference makes a problem, i'll arrange my message times.

Thanks

Regards

Rising Star

Same error 😄

is the following link a clue ??

I have 4 hosts tez installed, 3 pig installed, and i didnot select this 😄

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-10129

Rising Star

@Neeraj Sabharwal 😄 good morning, since you are awaken, I can ask a question 😉

with 1 ambari-server 2 master nodes 3 data nodes,

with the following services HDFS, YARN + mapReduce,Tez, Hive, Pig, ZooKeeper, Ambari Metrics, Spark, HBase

what's the optimal "Assign Slaves and Clients" configuration? I'm attaching an image...

selection.png

I wanna complete at least one HDP tutorial in my "current" life.. =D

Thanks.

Özgür