Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

The following service configurations have been updated and their Service Checks should be run again error when upgrade fomr 2.6.1 to 2.6.4

Rising Star

When I try to upgrade hdp version from 2.6.1 to 2.6.4, I meet the following pre-upgrade checks error :

The following service configurations have been updated and their Service Checks should be run again: HDFS, OOZIE,ZOOKEEPER,HIVE,FLUME,KAFKA,SPARK2
Failed on: HDFS, OOZIE,ZOOKEEPER,HIVE,FLUME,KAFKA,SPARK2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Junfeng Chen

You will need to run those service checks from ambari server host manually and once those service checks are successful then only you should proceed for the upgrade.

So please try this

Ambari UI --> HDFS --> "Service Actions" (drop down from right corner) --> Run Service check

Ambari UI --> OOZIE --> "Service Actions" (drop down from right corner) --> Run Service check

Ambari UI --> ZOOKEEPRR --> "Service Actions" (drop down from right corner) --> Run Service check

Ambari UI --> HIVE --> "Service Actions" (drop down from right corner) --> Run Service check

And if you see that the serivce check is failing then it means those service s are not running properly so by looking at the failed service check operation log from ambari UI you can findout why the service check failed.

Please share those logs so that we can check why the service checks are failing and then once we fix the issue and run the service checks again then we should be able to proceed with upgrade.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Mentor

@Junfeng Chen

You will need to run those service checks from ambari server host manually and once those service checks are successful then only you should proceed for the upgrade.

So please try this

Ambari UI --> HDFS --> "Service Actions" (drop down from right corner) --> Run Service check

Ambari UI --> OOZIE --> "Service Actions" (drop down from right corner) --> Run Service check

Ambari UI --> ZOOKEEPRR --> "Service Actions" (drop down from right corner) --> Run Service check

Ambari UI --> HIVE --> "Service Actions" (drop down from right corner) --> Run Service check

And if you see that the serivce check is failing then it means those service s are not running properly so by looking at the failed service check operation log from ambari UI you can findout why the service check failed.

Please share those logs so that we can check why the service checks are failing and then once we fix the issue and run the service checks again then we should be able to proceed with upgrade.

Rising Star

Thanks, I have resolved it. I was regarding "Service Check" as "Pre-upgrade check".