Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

The link to Ambari View on Dashboard doesn't work properly

Hi,
I'm using Ambari 2.7.0.
I found that users who have a role "NONE" on their group can't connect to Ambari View with the link on dashboard even if their group are privileged.

More detailed info:

Login as user who have a role "NONE", and click the link to Files View -> No, redirects to dashboard.
Login as user who have a role "NONE", and input url of Files View -> Yes
Login as user who have any role, and click the link to Files View -> Yes
Login as user who have any role, and click the link to Files View -> Yes

I reproduced this with Ambari with/without Knox/Ranger. So I assume this is issues with Ambari itself.

How could I fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Kei Miyauchi,

This looks like a javascript bug to me. i have gone ahead and created a apache jira on the same : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-24885

the fix for this issue is in javascript and you can find it in the jira.

Incase you want to implement the fix in your cluster.

Steps

1) go to

/usr/lib/ambari-server/web/javascripts

2)take backup of app.js

cp app.js app_backup.js_backup

3) edit app.js , go to line 95478 ,edit the line

if (App.router.currentState.name !== 'viewDetails') {

to

if (App.router.currentState.name !== 'viewDetails' &&  App.router.currentState.name !== 'shortViewDetails') {

4) and do a diff

[root@anaikhdp1 javascripts]# diff app.js  app_fix.js
95478c95478
<                     if (App.router.currentState.name !== 'viewDetails') {
---
>                     if (App.router.currentState.name !== 'viewDetails' &&  App.router.currentState.name !== 'shortViewDetails') {

5) reload the webpage. incase you find any difficulty please copy back the backedup app.js and reload the page to revert back the changes.

Please accept this anser if you find this helpfull which will help other users to get the fix.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Kei Miyauchi ,

whats the 'User's access'(privilage) you have given to the user. if you are able to see the files view button on the URL probably you will be able to open the files view.

It will be good if you can attach an screenshot of permissions given for user and corresponding group.

Hi @Akhil S Naik, thank you for your reply.

When I login as the user, I'm able to see the button. When I click it, at first it opens new tab for the File View URL, but redirects to the dashboard.
When I input the File View's URL and access directly it goes well. So it seems the button's issue.

The user's role is "NONE", and it has a privilege for Files View inherited from its group. For now I don't give each user privileges because I wanna make it easy to manage. Should I give each user privilege if their role is "NONE"?

The atattchments are screenshots of the setting for user and its group.
I also checked the setting of Files view. The group is surely listed on "Grant permission to these groups".

ws000012.jpgws000013.jpg

Hi @Kei Miyauchi,

This looks like a javascript bug to me. i have gone ahead and created a apache jira on the same : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-24885

the fix for this issue is in javascript and you can find it in the jira.

Incase you want to implement the fix in your cluster.

Steps

1) go to

/usr/lib/ambari-server/web/javascripts

2)take backup of app.js

cp app.js app_backup.js_backup

3) edit app.js , go to line 95478 ,edit the line

if (App.router.currentState.name !== 'viewDetails') {

to

if (App.router.currentState.name !== 'viewDetails' &&  App.router.currentState.name !== 'shortViewDetails') {

4) and do a diff

[root@anaikhdp1 javascripts]# diff app.js  app_fix.js
95478c95478
<                     if (App.router.currentState.name !== 'viewDetails') {
---
>                     if (App.router.currentState.name !== 'viewDetails' &&  App.router.currentState.name !== 'shortViewDetails') {

5) reload the webpage. incase you find any difficulty please copy back the backedup app.js and reload the page to revert back the changes.

Please accept this anser if you find this helpfull which will help other users to get the fix.

Hi @Akhil S Naik,

The workaround works perfectly!
Thank you for all your kindness.