Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Trying to open Falcon Web UI

Contributor

Hello all,

I am running a kerberised cluster and am having issues trying to open the Falcon Web UI.

I am using Mozilla Firefox to try and open it.

17447-falconui.png

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Brendan Smith

Have you done the following?

Open the Firefox "about:config" and then search for the following two properties and set the values to the hostname/domain that are secured:

In the following example i am using sandbox domain name. In your case you will need to use the domainname/Hostname that you are using to access the Falcon UI.

network.negotiate-auth.delegation-uris=sandbox.hortonworks.com,.hortonworks.com
network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris=sandbox.hortonworks.com,.hortonworks.com

In the above you need to define the hostname/domain that you are using.

Now get the Falcon keytab on your local machine (laptop) where browser is running and then do the kinit. Then refresh the browser.

For more information on the same please refer to: https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/28537/user-authentication-from-windows-workstation-to-hd....

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Mentor

@Brendan Smith

Have you done the following?

Open the Firefox "about:config" and then search for the following two properties and set the values to the hostname/domain that are secured:

In the following example i am using sandbox domain name. In your case you will need to use the domainname/Hostname that you are using to access the Falcon UI.

network.negotiate-auth.delegation-uris=sandbox.hortonworks.com,.hortonworks.com
network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris=sandbox.hortonworks.com,.hortonworks.com

In the above you need to define the hostname/domain that you are using.

Now get the Falcon keytab on your local machine (laptop) where browser is running and then do the kinit. Then refresh the browser.

For more information on the same please refer to: https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/28537/user-authentication-from-windows-workstation-to-hd....

Contributor

Hey there,

Thanks for the super fast reply.

This is a good guide to getting it running thank you for that.