Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ubuntu 22.04 docker install HDP 2.6.5 with error "failed to get D-BUS connection: No such file or directory"

New Contributor

Hi all,

I've been struggling to deploy HDP 2.6.5 via docker.

I downloaded and ran the deploy script but kept receiving this error for this line of command:

+ docker exec -t sandbox-hdp sh -c rm -rf /var/run/postgresql/*; systemctl restart postgresql;
Failed to get D-Bus connection: No such file or directory

Calling systemctl thru the container CLI gives the same error. I used this script to replace the container's /bin/systemctl but was unable to start postgresql ( systemctl start -v postgresql yields

WARNING:systemctl:No PIDFile for forking '/usr/lib/systemd/system/postgresql.service'
WARNING:systemctl:forking start not active

)

which resulted in unsuccessful start of ambari-server and localhost:1080 kept giving 502 bad gateway. Any idea how to solve this? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Hi @MaxineLLL ,

It would help members of the community in offering possible answers to your questions if you included a link here to the specific instructions you are following "to deploy HDP 2.6.5 via docker". Are you trying to install the HDP Sandbox or the full HDP 2.6.5 distribution?

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.