Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable To Login Via Default Login Credentials of Admin in Ambari

Explorer

I installed hortonworks sandbox around two weeks ago on a cloud server of linode with a machine of 8GB RAM. I access this node of Linode via Putty. On that node, I'm using hadoop inside a docker that I installed on that system.

Everything is working fine. Also, I am able to login Ambari via the default login credentials like maria_dev, raj_ops, holger_gov and amy_ds.

But I am unable to login via the default login credentials of admin. In the command line, I tried the following commands :

ambari-server restart  
ambari-admin-password-reset

But even after changing the password, it didn't workout for me.

Can someone please help me to login via the login credentials of admin ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@Amogh Suman,

Try changing it from the backend and login

# psql -U ambari -d ambari
Password for user ambari: bigdata
ambari=> update ambari.users set user_password='538916f8943ec225d97a9a86a2c6ec0818c1cd400e09e03b660fdaaec4af29ddbb6f2b1033b81b00' where user_name='admin';
ambari=> \q

# ambari-server restart

password is 'admin'

Thanks,

Aditya

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Super Guru

@Amogh Suman,

Try changing it from the backend and login

# psql -U ambari -d ambari
Password for user ambari: bigdata
ambari=> update ambari.users set user_password='538916f8943ec225d97a9a86a2c6ec0818c1cd400e09e03b660fdaaec4af29ddbb6f2b1033b81b00' where user_name='admin';
ambari=> \q

# ambari-server restart

password is 'admin'

Thanks,

Aditya

Explorer

This solution isn't working. Password wasn't reset to admin. 😞

Super Guru

@Amogh Suman,

There was a comment for this question which you might have deleted. I saw that you mentioned (/etc/ambari-server/conf/log4j.properties) file was missing. Can you please create the file and put the content of log4j.txt attached and try restarting ambari server.

chmod 755 /etc/ambari-server/conf/log4j.properties
ambari-server restart

log4j.txt

Thanks,

Aditya

Explorer

Yes Aditya. But since I was getting that same error at various other times when using various other commands, I decided to put it up as a separate question. I was able to rectify it. 🙂 🙂

Master Mentor

@Amogh Suman

Looks like there is already another thread for the same issue/cause. Can you please mark this thread as Closed/Answered/Accepted

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/157756/ioerror-errno-2-no-such-file-or-directory-etcamba...

It may also be a permission related issue. So please check if the user who is starting the ambari server process has access to read that log4j.properties file or not?

# ls -l /etc/ambari-server/conf/log4j.properties
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 5443 Oct  9 15:37 /etc/ambari-server/conf/log4j.properties

Explorer

Yes, Jay. done that. 🙂 : )