Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to add apache Nifi in ambari?

Contributor

I am trying to add Apache Nifi in ambari but continuously failing with error Error occured during stack advisor command invocation: Unable to delete directory /var/run/ambari-server/stack-recommendations/1.

There is a similar thread with the same error, I have tried everything mentioned in that thread but unable to fix it. My sandbox is installed in vmware workstation. I also tried to create and remove directory manually but it is failing with the error invalid argument. Created a thread for this error also on stackexchange. Please help!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Amod Gehlot: This is due to a docker issue in this 2.5 sandbox build. It will be fixed in next revision of the sandbox. In the meantime, try running the below command and then re-try running 'Add service' wizard. If you get the error, close the wizard and then re-launch it (you may need to do this a few times)

sudo rm -rf /var/run/ambari-server/stack-recommendations/*

Usually by the 6th time, it will pick up a dir which doesn't exist and the error will not be seen

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@Amod Gehlot: This is due to a docker issue in this 2.5 sandbox build. It will be fixed in next revision of the sandbox. In the meantime, try running the below command and then re-try running 'Add service' wizard. If you get the error, close the wizard and then re-launch it (you may need to do this a few times)

sudo rm -rf /var/run/ambari-server/stack-recommendations/*

Usually by the 6th time, it will pick up a dir which doesn't exist and the error will not be seen

Contributor

@Ali Bajwa It didn't work for me. I tried this too. Same error. I whole confusion is why I am even manually able to create or delete something. If it's a particular issue with the version is there anyway I can get old version of sandbox?

@Amod Gehlot sorry you weren't able to get past this. Couple of options:

1. If you are ok with 2.4 version of sandbox its available for download at http://hortonworks.com/downloads/ (search for "sandbox archive")

2. If you are ok with paying for instance on AWS, you can spin up single node of HDP 2.5 from AMI. (This is not official sandbox, but a image of single node cluster that has some prebuilt demos). Details here:

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/58330/automation-to-deploy-hdp-25nifi-10-clusters-runnin....

3. Install a Centos VM on your local machine and install HDP via Ambari. Ambari-bootstrap automation can do this for you pretty painlessly. Sample usage:

https://gist.github.com/abajwa-hw/55cd937fc8c5e27b8f2ec8c506d86519

4. Wait for the HDP 2.5 sandbox to refreshed (hopefully in new week or two)

Contributor

Hi @Ali Bajwa I don't know what really happened I just kept retrying to install Nifi from Ambari server and it worked after 10 try. So now nifi is up and running. But I am unable to get the tweets right now. I think I am mostly following your blog. I will accept this answer and if that tweets retrieval issue is not solved will post a new question. Thanks for the reply and all the help. 🙂

Super Collaborator

Is the new sandbox released ? I still see it in the latest sandbox

same issue with sandbox 5.2....

I am trying to fix it and I'll revert..

I have run several times sudo rm -rf /var/run/ambari-server/stack-recommendations/*...and tried again to install NIFI service from AMBARI and it worked...

Let's say due to sandbox....