Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to complete addition of host in ambari

Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to 3 new server in cluster. The node get register successfully but not proceeding after that. The servers which are added already running in cluster are of same fqdn and i am adding new host using passwordless and manually installing and starting ambari agent.

Kindly help to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

39918-error.png

Thanks and regards

Sidharth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Thanks all for your help I resolved the issue by deleting entries of new server from ambari.hoststate table and retired. It worked. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Contributor

@Sidharth,

the most probably point to check would weather iptables is enabled on the newly added host or not ? (It should be disabled for ambari to be able to reach the host or required ports on the new host are open and accessible).

The next point would be regarding the ntp server which ambari usage to sync all hosts.

Usually the host check can take sometime depending on the configuration. So you should wait and let it finish. Once finished (even with errors) post the same here for further debugging (if none of the above hints solve it).

Also refer to this link when you manually install the agent for registration: https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.1.0/bk_ambari_reference_guide/content/ch_amb_re...

Regards,

Narendra

@sidharth,

* You can see the Ambari Server log to see if there is any error while performing the operation.

* You can double check the DNS of each of the ambari agents whether its correct

hostname -f

* You can see Check the ambari-agents on these nodes are running if not restart them ensure the value hostname points to your ambari server in the /etc/ambari-agent/conf/ambari-agent.ini

* you can see the /etc/hosts folder to check the FQDN names are provided are correct

hope this helps

Contributor

Thanks all for your help I resolved the issue by deleting entries of new server from ambari.hoststate table and retired. It worked. 🙂