Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to connect Ranger to mysql , failed to install ranger

Expert Contributor
stderr:
None
stdout:
DB connection check started.
WARNING: File /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/DBConnectionVerification.jar already exists, assuming it was downloaded before
WARNING: File /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/mysql-jdbc-driver.jar already exists, assuming it was downloaded before
2016-08-24 15:29:30,162 - call['/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.7.0-openjdk.x86_64/bin/java -cp /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/DBConnectionVerification.jar:/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/mysql-jdbc-driver.jar -Djava.library.path=/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache org.apache.ambari.server.DBConnectionVerification "jdbc:mysql://manager/ranger" rangerdba [PROTECTED] com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'] {}
2016-08-24 15:29:30,688 - call returned (1, "ERROR: Unable to connect to the DB. Please check DB connection properties.\njava.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'rangerdba'@'manager' (using password: YES)")
structured_out:
ERROR: Unable to connect to the DB. Please check DB connection properties.
java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'rangerdba'@'manager' (using password: YES)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

i found the solution , should execute /usr/bin/mysql_secure_installation then set a password for root

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rising Star

You need to create the user rangerdba with password manager to get the same working.

For more information on how to create the user please follow the article:

Documentation

Expert Contributor

i have create the user randerdba im following the same documentation

Expert Contributor

i found the solution , should execute /usr/bin/mysql_secure_installation then set a password for root

Rising Star
@Mourad Chahri

use the following commands to create the 'rangerdba'@'manager' user

CREATE USER 'rangerdba'@'manager' IDENTIFIED BY 'rangerdba';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'rangerdba'@'manager';

Expert Contributor

i have create this user , i found the solution should execute /usr/bin/mysql_secure_installation then set a password for the root