Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to connect to beeline

Explorer

I am trying to connect to beeline.

Getting the below error messege:-

# /usr/lib/hive/bin/beeline
-hiveconf (No such file or directory)
hive.aux.jars.path=file:/usr/lib/hive/lib/hive-hbase-handler-0.12.0-cdh5.1.2.jar,file:/usr/lib/hbase/hbase-server.jar,file:/usr/lib/hbase/hbase-hadoop-compat.jar,file:/usr/lib/hbase/hbase-protocol.jar,file:/usr/lib/hbase/hbase-hadoop2-compat.jar,file:/usr/lib/hbase/lib/htrace-core.jar,file:/usr/lib/hbase/lib/htrace-core-2.04.jar,file:/usr/lib/hbase/hbase-client.jar,file:/usr/lib/hbase/hbase-common.jar,file:/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar,file:/usr/share/cmf/lib/postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar,file:/usr/share/java/oracle-connector-java.jar (No such file or directory)
Beeline version 0.12.0-cdh5.1.2 by Apache Hive
beeline>

beeline> !connect jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000 hive hive123 org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver
Connecting to jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000
Error: Could not open connection to jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (state=08S01,code=0)
0: jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000>

I am not able trace what I am missing here.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rudra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

The issue got resolved after I configured the Hive gateway server in the edge node.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Explorer

Hi,

I had the same issue on HUE connecting to  jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000

Have you installed hive-server2 ?

ps -aux | grep hive-server2

If not, try this http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/documentation/cdh4/v4-2-0/CDH4-Installation-Guide/cdh4ig...

Regards,

Fabricio

Explorer

The issue got resolved after I configured the Hive gateway server in the edge node.