Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Unable to connect to beeline

Solved Go to solution

Unable to connect to beeline

New Contributor

I am trying to connect to beeline.

Getting the below error messege:-

# /usr/lib/hive/bin/beeline
-hiveconf (No such file or directory)
hive.aux.jars.path=file:/usr/lib/hive/lib/hive-hbase-handler-0.12.0-cdh5.1.2.jar,file:/usr/lib/hbase/hbase-server.jar,file:/usr/lib/hbase/hbase-hadoop-compat.jar,file:/usr/lib/hbase/hbase-protocol.jar,file:/usr/lib/hbase/hbase-hadoop2-compat.jar,file:/usr/lib/hbase/lib/htrace-core.jar,file:/usr/lib/hbase/lib/htrace-core-2.04.jar,file:/usr/lib/hbase/hbase-client.jar,file:/usr/lib/hbase/hbase-common.jar,file:/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar,file:/usr/share/cmf/lib/postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar,file:/usr/share/java/oracle-connector-java.jar (No such file or directory)
Beeline version 0.12.0-cdh5.1.2 by Apache Hive
beeline>

beeline> !connect jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000 hive hive123 org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver
Connecting to jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000
Error: Could not open connection to jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (state=08S01,code=0)
0: jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000>

I am not able trace what I am missing here.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rudra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to connect to beeline

New Contributor

The issue got resolved after I configured the Hive gateway server in the edge node.

2 REPLIES 2

Explorer

Hi,

I had the same issue on HUE connecting to  jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000

Have you installed hive-server2 ?

ps -aux | grep hive-server2

If not, try this http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/documentation/cdh4/v4-2-0/CDH4-Installation-Guide/cdh4ig...

Regards,

Fabricio

New Contributor

The issue got resolved after I configured the Hive gateway server in the edge node.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here