Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to creating config-set in Solr version 8.11.1

New Contributor

Hi Team,

We have used the latest Solr version 8..11.1. In this same version, I tried to create a config set but got exceptions like "Can't create a config set with an unauthenticated request from a trusted baseConfigSet".

Used below command for creating config set :

http://localhost:8984/solr/admin/configs?action=CREATE&name=_client&baseConfigSet=_default&configSet...

Response with exception :

Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 5.02.58 PM.png

Please let me know the steps for creating a config-set in New version 8.11.1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hello @Girija 

Since we haven't heard back from you, We shall mark the Post as Solved. If you happen to have any further ask, Feel free to Update the Post. In Summary,

• Internally, I wasn't able to replicate the issue being faced by you as I was able to create the ConfigSet using "_default" ConfigSet as baseConfig.
  •  Customer can use the below solrctl command to create a ConfigSet with Solr KeyTab:
solrctl config --create Test_Config _default -p configSetProp.immutable=false
  • Assuming the above Command fails, Running the solrctl command with "--trace" after "solrctl" & before "config" would print the trace logging & assist in troubleshooting the issue faced by your team. 

Regards, Smarak

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Collaborator

Hello @Girija 

Thanks for using Cloudera Community. Since the Post is an Older one, Wish to confirm if you have resolved the Issue. If Yes, Kindly assist by sharing the Solution for wider community audience. 

Wish to check if your Team had the Kerberos Ticket before submitting the request. 

Regards, Smarak

Super Collaborator

Hello @Girija 

Internally, I wasn't able to replicate the issue being faced by you. I was able to create the ConfigSet using "_default" ConfigSet as baseConfig. I am assuming the issue is specific to your Environment & your team should use the CLI to better diagnose such issue. Your team can use the below solrctl command to create a ConfigSet with Solr KeyTab:

Assuming the above Command fails, Running the solrctl command with "--trace" after "solrctl" & before "config" would print the trace logging & assist in troubleshooting the issue faced by your team. 

Regards, Smarak 

Super Collaborator

Hello @Girija 

Since we haven't heard back from you, We shall mark the Post as Solved. If you happen to have any further ask, Feel free to Update the Post. In Summary,

• Internally, I wasn't able to replicate the issue being faced by you as I was able to create the ConfigSet using "_default" ConfigSet as baseConfig.
  •  Customer can use the below solrctl command to create a ConfigSet with Solr KeyTab:
  • Assuming the above Command fails, Running the solrctl command with "--trace" after "solrctl" & before "config" would print the trace logging & assist in troubleshooting the issue faced by your team. 

Regards, Smarak