Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to download HDP Sandbox, Download fails and unable to resume. Provide torrent link.

Explorer

I have been trying to download HDP Sandbox for last 1 month but not able to complete it up-to 100%. Its size is 20 GB and I have utilized more than 150 GB still not able to complete this 20 GB download as if fails after some times.

While every other providers provide torrent link for such huge file size I don't know why cloudera has not provided. 

And if you complain about my internet speed then FYI I tried downloading it from my Company network too. 

I am unable to digest that people at Cloudera can't think of this issue and provide some alternative way to download it. I tried searching for alternate way to download it but could not find it. 

Here is what you can do to solve this issue:

1. Provide a link that is resume-able.

2. Provide a Torrent link.

No Thanks for wasting my time and bandwidth.  

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @SShukla ,

The reason that the version of the HDP Sandbox you were attempting to download and what virtualization product you are installing it on is relevant to your downloading issue is because we found out this week that in spite of the presence of hyperlinks on the website for some versions of the sandbox, not all of the versions of the Sandbox for each virtualization product are actually available for download.

I'm happy to hear that you were able to complete the download. Looking over your most recent post it appears that you solved your issue. Can you confirm by using the Accept as Solution button just under your most recent follow-up here so that other members will know it is resolved? 

cloudera community accept solution button created 2019-12-14_19-46-50.jpg

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

All,

Apologies for the temporary unavailability of the HDP Sandbox. The problem appears to have been fully resolved prior to ‎01-17-2020 and the HDP Sandbox should be available to all for downloading. Let us know if you find that is not the case for you.

Bill

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor

the problem persists in all versions of the virtual box.