Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to find Downoad Quick Start VM for Virtual Box

Contributor

Hi All

I am looking to setup Quick Start VM trial version on virtual Box,i saw few links on internet and youtube they clearly shows the downloadable page where there is an option to download the cloudera VM for Virtual Box.

However the current downloadable link shows as below.and when i click Try Now it only shows a set of instructions as below but doesn't show anywhere where i can download a VM for virtual Box.The Virtual Box is setup on Windows 10 on my system.

https://www.cloudera.com/downloads/cdp-data-center-trial.html

[cut-and-paste of web page at the above URL elided —Moderator]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @SwasBigData 

We understand that there exists a lot of third- and fourth-party documentation and videos that show the Cloudera Quickstart VMs, however Cloudera in particular and Hadoop in general have moved on. We are in a transition period away from that version of the Cloudera Quickstart VM, as it was extremely outdated and nearing end of support.

As you noted, the up-to-date product is Cloudera Data Platform, which you can download at that URL. If you really must have a VM-based distribution of Hadoop, I strongly recommend you migrate to the HDP Sandbox.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @SwasBigData 

We understand that there exists a lot of third- and fourth-party documentation and videos that show the Cloudera Quickstart VMs, however Cloudera in particular and Hadoop in general have moved on. We are in a transition period away from that version of the Cloudera Quickstart VM, as it was extremely outdated and nearing end of support.

As you noted, the up-to-date product is Cloudera Data Platform, which you can download at that URL. If you really must have a VM-based distribution of Hadoop, I strongly recommend you migrate to the HDP Sandbox.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Contributor

Hi Bill

Thanks for the details,is the HDP Sandbox just has the same softwares and tools as we get in the CDH versions?or these will be specific to Hotonworks.

thanks

Swastik