Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to find parcel using local repository

Explorer

I am trying to install spark2 cdh5.13.3  on CDH 5.10 and have 3 files .parcel , .parcel.torrent  and .parcel.sha .

I have added the repository web url in the cloudera parcel configuration and not able to find the parcel in the cloudera manager? Could you please let me know what is missing here ?

4 REPLIES 4

Contributor

@Chetankumar Have you tried to restart the cloudera-scm-agent and cloudera-scm-server from CM Host. If not it's worth trying to see if it picks the custom Spark2 parcel in CM UI. 

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Master Guru

@Chetankumar Make sure you have credentials entered for parcels because every Cloudera binary is now behind the paywall so you need a valid subscription to access the parcels etc. Just a sanity check. 

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Explorer

I have installed a free  cloudera cluster CDH-4.7.1-1.cdh4.7.1.p0.47 a few years back it has some 14 servers , now if i have to add a server it was easy earlier , however now since its paid how do i go about it , each of my servers have the parcels directory and is there a way i can add a server without going to internet and fetching binaries , my idea is to stay put with the old version and add the node.

is it possible ?

Master Guru

@Phantom No CDH4 is discontinued and not on internet as well. If you have old Internal Repository setup then you can try to install but from internet it's not possible. 

One way I can think of is try to manually place the parcels on the new node but again you might not have agent version so it will be a mess. If you are having a paid subscription then I would suggest you to upgrade to some supported version or AT LEAST publicly available version and then add node. 

Without Subscription New Node Addition is not possible. 

Cheers!