Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to issue query: the Host Monitor is not running

New Contributor

Dear all, I am a student and research Cloudera system now. I use Cloudera in Docker and when I started Cloudera Manager in the browser, two services: Service Monitor and Host Monitor do not start. I try them in Action task, but not work.

virtual machine configuration: RAM: 12GB, Cloudera version: 5.7.0, Docker version: 19.3.12

Please help me,

Thank you so much.

Screenshot (13).png

2 REPLIES 2

Super Collaborator

Hi, In the attached screenshot it seems to be all other services also down, have you tried to restart entire cluster ? 

And you can attach the service monitor and host monitor logs so that we can see what's happening there.

Path for host logs: /var/log/cloudera-scm-firehose

Master Mentor

@anhthu 

You will need to fire-up your cluster  start by scrolling at the bottom  see the attached screen and start the Cloudera Manager [CM]  the blue triangular shape will give you a drop-down menu chose start you will see some startup logs and if all goes well it will be green

CM start.JPG

You can see exactly the same error I have on my Quickstart sandbox because my service are not started  again see the attached screenshot on the blue inverted triangle you will see a drop-down list chose start the services. This will start all the service in the right order ,again once all is GREEN you are good to go

CM_service start.JPG

Happy Hadooping