Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to lookup the cluster by ID Error in Ambari "confirm Hosts" step

While performing Cluster setup using Ambari2.6.0 i have stuck at step 3 "Confirm hosts"

The host registration shows success for both of my nodes but the additional checks is loading infinitely. Checking in the ambari-server.log it shows the below error:

Also when i check my postgres db at this point

select * from hosts; returns 2 rows (both my nodes)

select * from clusters; returns 0 rows

01 Dec 2017 13:31:06,807  INFO [ambari-client-thread-68] Configuration:3210 - Ambari properties config file changed.
01 Dec 2017 13:31:06,807  INFO [ambari-client-thread-68] Configuration:3235 - Ambari properties config file changed.
01 Dec 2017 13:31:06,842  WARN [ambari-action-scheduler] ExecutionCommandWrapper:225 - Unable to lookup the cluster by ID; assuming that there is no cluster and therefore no configs for this execution command: Cluster not found, clusterName=clusterID=-1
01 Dec 2017 13:31:06,842  WARN [ambari-action-scheduler] ExecutionCommandWrapper:225 - Unable to lookup the cluster by ID; assuming that there is no cluster and therefore no configs for this execution command: Cluster not found, clusterName=clusterID=-1
01 Dec 2017 13:31:06,861  WARN [ambari-action-scheduler] ExecutionCommandWrapper:225 - Unable to lookup the cluster by ID; assuming that there is no cluster and therefore no configs for this execution command: Cluster not found, clusterName=clusterID=-1
01 Dec 2017 13:31:06,861  WARN [ambari-action-scheduler] ExecutionCommandWrapper:225 - Unable to lookup the cluster by ID; assuming that there is no cluster and therefore no configs for this execution command: Cluster not found, clusterName=clusterID=-1
6 REPLIES 6

Master Mentor

Clusternot found, clusterName=clusterID=-1

Sometimes this happens because of inconsistent DB update .. the cluster ID is not mapped properly due to various reasons.

I will suggest please try once again, that will be quick.

# ambari-server stop    
    # ambari-server reset
    # ambari-server start

The "ambari-server reset" will clean the ambari Database, So if you want to take ambari DB backup for later review then please take ambari DB dump for backup.

HCC thread with similar issue: https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/136297/ambari-status-preparing-in-confirmation-of-hosts....

@Jay Kumar SenSharma

i have tried this multiple time but did not work.

Master Mentor

In that case we will have to review the complete ambari-server log to find out what it the issue.

Can you pelase attach the complete ambari-server.log?

@Jay Kumar SenSharma

Sure.. This is the complete log. There is always an error saying

1. Couldnot load repo results
  2. java.net.UnknownHostException:public-repo-1.hortonworks.comambari-server.txt

But there is a thread that i am running parallely for the above error as most of them said that this error has mostly nothing to do with "unable to find cluster by ID" error.ambari-server.txt

I have checked all the services that has to be enabled/disabled but still unable to proceed in Ambari installation wizard.

Yum local repository is working, Also tried with only one node

I am confused on where i am going wrong as i have been installing this for the past 2-3 weeks.

@Jay Kumar SenSharma

Sure.. This is the complete log. There is always an error saying

Could not load repo results
java.net.UnknownHostException: public-repo-1.hortonworks.comambari-server.txt

But there is a thread that i am running parallely for the above error as most of them said that this error has mostly nothing to do with "unable to find cluster by ID" error.