Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to start NodeManager: no leveldbjni64-1.8 in java.library.path

Rising Star

Cannot bring up 2 NodeMangers, the other 19 works fine. I got this: FATAL nodemanager.NodeManager (NodeManager.java:initAndStartNodeManager(465)) - Error starting NodeManager

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load library. Reasons: [no leveldbjni64-1.8 in java.library.path, no leveldbjni-1.8 in java.library.path, no leveldbjni in java.library.path, Permission denied]

It is not caused by "chmod 777 /tmp", any clue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please verify that /tmp on both hosts do not have the noexec option set. You can verify this by running /bin/mount and checking the mount options. If you are able to, remount /tmp without noexec and try starting the NodeManager again. I am sure its issue with noexec on /tmp.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Please verify that /tmp on both hosts do not have the noexec option set. You can verify this by running /bin/mount and checking the mount options. If you are able to, remount /tmp without noexec and try starting the NodeManager again. I am sure its issue with noexec on /tmp.

New Contributor

hello, we have security provisions that prevent us from removing the noexec from /tmp. also, this is not occuring on other nodes that have the noexec in use. is there another solution?