Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to start YARN Queue Manager Webapp and unable to insert data into tables by using hive

New Contributor

Hi guys,

I have got several problems about Hive and YARN, and I have stucked on them for couple weeks. Please help me out if you can, THANKS.

1. I am unable to start YARN Queue Manager Webapp, it gives me a error says Failed to initialize cluster. Error: Internal error: One or more of the listed parameters is null - clusterId, emUrl, cmUrl, yarnServiceName,rmRoleConfigGroup, qmServiceName, qmRoleConfigGroup. I have no idea how and where to set all those parameters.

2. Another question is about Hive, I was using beeline to test if Hive is installed successfully or not. I could create databases and tables, but when I tried to insert values into tables, it gave me a error says Invalid configuration of tez jars, tez.lib.uris is not defined in the configuration,  I was super confused by it, because I didn't even install tez, I thought it will use Mapreduce as its excution engine. By the way, does anyone know where the real hive-site.xml is at? I want to change the excution engine, but I couldn't find the parameter on the CM's website.

3 REPLIES 3

Rising Star

https://docs.cloudera.com/runtime/7.2.10/hive-introduction/topics/hive-on-tez.html#:~:text=MapReduce...

I am not sure about your versions, having said that MR execution engine is deprecated in the latest offerings.

If a legacy script or application specifies MapReduce for execution, an exception shall occur.

For the webapp issue as well; not sure about the versions.

It is worth checking whether you have a mismatched CM/CDP

For example CDP 7.1.8 requires CM 7.7.1

You can check the support matrix below:

https://supportmatrix.cloudera.com/

Expert Contributor

Hi @Tellyou6bu6 

Regarding your Q1 can you please share capacity-schedular.xml file from YARN for review?

Expert Contributor

Hi @Tellyou6bu6 

Did you got chance to check capacity-schedular.xml file?