Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to start embedded database in Cloudera Manager 7.1.1 after reboot the machine

New Contributor

Hello!

I'm trying CDP demo and I have the following issue with cloudera manager.

After install the cluster services etc.. I had to reboot the machine where Cloudera Manager resides, after that I notice that Cloudera Manager was unable to connect to its embedded database.

I tried to start it manually by using "systemctl start cloudera-scm-server-db" but shows the following error:

-- Unit cloudera-scm-server-db.service has begun starting up.
Jul 01 15:37:46 localhost runuser[16621]: pam_unix(runuser:session): session opened for user cloudera-scm by (uid=0)
Jul 01 15:37:46 localhost cloudera-scm-server-db[16608]: DB initialization done.
Jul 01 15:37:46 localhost runuser[16621]: pam_unix(runuser:session): session closed for user cloudera-scm
Jul 01 15:37:46 localhost runuser[16638]: pam_unix(runuser:session): session opened for user cloudera-scm by (uid=0)
Jul 01 15:37:46 localhost cloudera-scm-server-db[16608]: bash: pg_ctl: command not found
Jul 01 15:37:46 localhost runuser[16638]: pam_unix(runuser:session): session closed for user cloudera-scm
Jul 01 15:37:46 ldkub01.lda runuser[16640]: pam_unix(runuser:session): session opened for user cloudera-scm by (uid=0)
Jul 01 15:37:46 localhost cloudera-scm-server-db[16608]: bash: pg_ctl: command not found
Jul 01 15:37:46 localhost runuser[16640]: pam_unix(runuser:session): session closed for user cloudera-scm
Jul 01 15:37:46 localhost systemd[1]: cloudera-scm-server-db.service: control process exited, code=exited status=127
Jul 01 15:37:46 localhost systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: Cloudera SCM Server's Embedded DB.
-- Subject: Unit cloudera-scm-server-db.service has failed
-- Defined-By: systemd
-- Support: http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/systemd-devel
-- 
-- Unit cloudera-scm-server-db.service has failed.
-- 
-- The result is failed.

I have tried adding to the PATH in both /etc/bashrc and /etc/profile but despite I'm able to use the command from my terminal, the service keeps failing with that error.

I could put the export in the script which is started by systemd when service starts.. but It's not a good way.

Did someone have this issue or know how can I fix this?

NOTE: The only thing I did related to postgresql today was install the client rpm, I had to do it to change something in the db because I was hitting a bug and wasn't able to deploy an updated kerberos configuration in a host.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

1 REPLY 1

Hello @Jua ,

thank you for reporting the issue of CM not being able to connect to it's embedded database after installing manually postgres client rpm. 

I understand that you already tried to start the scm server db. 

Do you still face the issue, please or was it resolved since?

Please verify if:

• the postgres database is running and can be accessed?
  • the db is running... once you kill the db process and restart the cloudera-scm-server-db.service, does it fix the issue?

Thank you:
Ferenc

Ferenc Erdelyi, Technical Solutions Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community: