Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to start my Zookeeper server

Hello,

My Zookeeper server was running in good state and suddenly it failed to start. I got the error mentioned in "error.png" and the alerts mentioned in "alerts.png" through Ambari UI.

My zoo.cfg is mentioned in "config.png".

How can i fix this issue and start my zookeeper server again?

error.pngalerts.pngconfig.png
6 REPLIES 6

Master Mentor

@raouia

Could you attach the zookeeper logs in /var/log/zookeeper? You mean the zookeeper was running before did you restart it , that's when you realised it could start?

Did you make any config changes through Ambari or not?

Is it possible to get a longer stack trace of the error.png? Because the interesting part is missing.

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

I attached the full log from /var/log/zookeeper/zookeeper.log in "error.png", which is resulted when i try to start my zookeeper server.

I didn't make any change in zookeeper config through Ambari UI. The only action i did, is deleting one of my cluster hosts and then my zookeeper server failed to start correctly.

PS: My cluster was composed of an ambari-server and 2 ambari-agents. I removed one node from ambari agents.

Master Mentor

@raouia

What were the components on the deleted host?

I don't quite understand "My cluster was composed of an ambari-server and 2 ambari-agents. I removed one node from ambari agents."

Do you mean it was a 3 node cluster (1 master and 2 slaves) if so how was the component distributed? I am more concerned about the delete host?

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

Thank you for you attention. I've solved the issue by deleting /hadoop/zookeeper/version-2/*. It was a problem related to disk space.

Explorer

Hi, deleting /hadoop/zookeeper/version-2/* didn't help in my case. Can someone suggest any alternative solution to fix this issue.

@raouia Please check the following:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44217654/how-to-recover-zookeeper-from-java-io-eofexception-afte...

The above lists few solutions you can take to resolve this problem.

HTH