Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unexpected error condition executing the kadmin command. STDERR: kadmin: Matching credential not found

Contributor

Hello all,

I'm trying to kerberize the Ambari 2.7.3 cluster. However, during the setup, I get the following error:

Caused by: org.apache.ambari.server.serveraction.kerberos.KerberosOperationException: Unexpected error condition executing the kadmin command. STDERR: kadmin: Matching credential not found (filename: /tmp/ambari_krb_142308985016794830cc) while initializing kadmin interface
        at org.apache.ambari.server.serveraction.kerberos.MITKerberosOperationHandler.invokeKAdmin(MITKerberosOperationHandler.java:323)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.serveraction.kerberos.MITKerberosOperationHandler.principalExists(MITKerberosOperationHandler.java:123)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.serveraction.kerberos.KerberosOperationHandler.testAdministratorCredentials(KerberosOperationHandler.java:314)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.KerberosHelperImpl.validateKDCCredentials(KerberosHelperImpl.java:2133)

All of the authentication settings are okay, because I am able to kinit and use the kadmin interface from shell.

It seems that the problem is that Ambari tries to do the following:

kinit -p admin/admin@EXAMPLE.COM
kadmin -c /tmp/ambari_krb_...

While it should be doing the following:

kinit -S kadmin/admin@EXAMPLE.COM admin/admin@EXAMPLE.COM
kadmin -c /tmp/ambari_krb...

I've tried replicating the two settings and confirmed my guess. The second code works from the shell. Further, If I intercept the temporarily generated credentials by ambari with my own, the code works.

How can I fix this behaviour? This seem like a bug in Ambari code -- which part should I edit to fix this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login

New Contributor
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
2 REPLIES 2

hide-solution