Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Uninstall HDF 2.1.3

Expert Contributor

Hi, Is there any documentation on how to do an uninstall of HDF? I will like to uninstall HDF 2.1.3 and replace with 2.1.2 due to the controller issue. I can see steps to uninstalling HDP but not HDF. I need to be sure i'm not missing out on anything...Anyone gone this route? @Matt Clarke @Matt Burgess @Bryan Bende

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor
@Joshua Adeleke

HDF 2.1.4 (essentially HDF 2.1.3, plus the Controller service UI fix) will be out very very soon. keep an eye out for it on the https://docs.hortonworks.com/ page.

You can then just do an Ambari upgrade from HDF 2.1.3 to HDF 2.1.4.

Thanks, Matt

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Mentor
@Joshua Adeleke

HDF 2.1.4 (essentially HDF 2.1.3, plus the Controller service UI fix) will be out very very soon. keep an eye out for it on the https://docs.hortonworks.com/ page.

You can then just do an Ambari upgrade from HDF 2.1.3 to HDF 2.1.4.

Thanks, Matt

Expert Contributor

Thanks @Matt Clarke

I need the cluster up and running immediately. I opted for the 2.1.2 version of HDF. However, i ran into some issues while it was installing NiFi. Can you guide me on the way forward?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/NIFI/1.0.0/package/scripts/nifi.py", line 360, in <module>
    Master().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 280, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/NIFI/1.0.0/package/scripts/nifi.py", line 67, in install
    self.configure(env, True)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/NIFI/1.0.0/package/scripts/nifi.py", line 82, in configure
    recursive_ownership=True
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/base.py", line 114, in __new__
    cls(names_list.pop(0), env, provider, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/base.py", line 155, in __init__
    self.env.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 160, in run
    self.run_action(resource, action)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 124, in run_action
    provider_action()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/system.py", line 177, in action_create
    raise Fail("Applying %s failed, looped symbolic links found while resolving %s" % (self.resource, path))
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Applying Directory['/usr/hdf/current/nifi/conf'] failed, looped symbolic links found while resolving /usr/hdf/current/nifi/conf

Expert Contributor

The issue was a cyclic link where HDF 2.1.3 linked /etc/nifi/conf to /usr/hdf/current/nifi/conf while HDF 2.1.2 was linking the other way round. Deleting the previous link resolved the issue. HDF 2.1.2 installed and controllers are fine. Thanks for your guidance @Matt Clarke