Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Uninstall HDF 2.1.3

Expert Contributor

Hi, Is there any documentation on how to do an uninstall of HDF? I will like to uninstall HDF 2.1.3 and replace with 2.1.2 due to the controller issue. I can see steps to uninstalling HDP but not HDF. I need to be sure i'm not missing out on anything...Anyone gone this route? @Matt Clarke @Matt Burgess @Bryan Bende

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor
@Joshua Adeleke

HDF 2.1.4 (essentially HDF 2.1.3, plus the Controller service UI fix) will be out very very soon. keep an eye out for it on the https://docs.hortonworks.com/ page.

You can then just do an Ambari upgrade from HDF 2.1.3 to HDF 2.1.4.

Thanks, Matt

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Mentor
@Joshua Adeleke

HDF 2.1.4 (essentially HDF 2.1.3, plus the Controller service UI fix) will be out very very soon. keep an eye out for it on the https://docs.hortonworks.com/ page.

You can then just do an Ambari upgrade from HDF 2.1.3 to HDF 2.1.4.

Thanks, Matt

Expert Contributor

Thanks @Matt Clarke

I need the cluster up and running immediately. I opted for the 2.1.2 version of HDF. However, i ran into some issues while it was installing NiFi. Can you guide me on the way forward?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/NIFI/1.0.0/package/scripts/nifi.py", line 360, in <module>
    Master().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 280, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/NIFI/1.0.0/package/scripts/nifi.py", line 67, in install
    self.configure(env, True)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/NIFI/1.0.0/package/scripts/nifi.py", line 82, in configure
    recursive_ownership=True
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/base.py", line 114, in __new__
    cls(names_list.pop(0), env, provider, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/base.py", line 155, in __init__
    self.env.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 160, in run
    self.run_action(resource, action)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 124, in run_action
    provider_action()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/system.py", line 177, in action_create
    raise Fail("Applying %s failed, looped symbolic links found while resolving %s" % (self.resource, path))
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Applying Directory['/usr/hdf/current/nifi/conf'] failed, looped symbolic links found while resolving /usr/hdf/current/nifi/conf

Expert Contributor

The issue was a cyclic link where HDF 2.1.3 linked /etc/nifi/conf to /usr/hdf/current/nifi/conf while HDF 2.1.2 was linking the other way round. Deleting the previous link resolved the issue. HDF 2.1.2 installed and controllers are fine. Thanks for your guidance @Matt Clarke