Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unknown queue: default

Super Collaborator

Hi All, I created 3 yarn queues under root queue. Assigned the right ACLs and verified the user permissions by submitting the job as permitted and non permitted users. Every thing looks fine.I was using wordcount jar to submit the program to queue using the property -Dmapreduce.job.queuename=whatever. However, when I submit a job without the queuename property, the job gets submitted to a queue called "default", which no longer exists. I have renamed this queue and all the services were restarted. What could be the property that I have missed configuring? Current issue is

java.io.IOException: Failed to run job : Application application_1472567001293_0007 submitted by user whoever to unknown queue: default
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

You have to give a queuename. When you don't specify a queuename, by defalut everything tries to hit default queue which is removed now. You have to either specify a queuename or create a user to queue mapping, so based on user, the job goes to a specific queue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Guru

You have to give a queuename. When you don't specify a queuename, by defalut everything tries to hit default queue which is removed now. You have to either specify a queuename or create a user to queue mapping, so based on user, the job goes to a specific queue.

Super Collaborator

Thanks @Ravi Mutyala, what I have done is a queuename to group mapping. Does this not work? Should I explicitly add the user names rather than the group names?

Current configuration

q1 - group sales
q2 - group marketing
q3 - group dev

Should I change this to

q1 - salesuser1,salesuser2,salesuser3
q2 - mktguser1,mktguser2
q3 - devuser1,devuser2,devuser3,devuser4

Guru

Try hdfs groups for that user to see if group mapping is working. If its then, your configuration should be like below.

<property>
   <name>yarn.scheduler.capacity.queue-mappings</name>
   <value>u:user1:queue1,g:group1:queue2,u:%user:%user,u:user2:%primary_group</value>
   <description>
     Here, <user1> is mapped to <queue1>, <group1> is mapped to <queue2>, 
     maps users to queues with the same name as user, <user2> is mapped 
     to queue name same as <primary group> respectively. The mappings will be 
     evaluated from left to right, and the first valid mapping will be used.
   </description>
 </property>

New Contributor

Hey,

I got the same error and tried to change the queue mapping as shown in the reply. The exception still persists. Is there any other configuration in capacity scheduler that I am missing?

org.apache.hadoop.yarn.exceptions.YarnException: Failed to submit application_1523981307991_0009 to
 YARN : Application application_1523981307991_0009 submitted by user hadoop to unknown queue: Queue1
<property>
   <name>yarn.scheduler.capacity.queue-mappings</name>
   <value>u:user1:queue1,g:group1:queue2,u:%user:%user,u:user2:%primary_group</value>
   <description>
     Here, <user1> is mapped to <queue1>, <group1> is mapped to <queue2>, 
     maps users to queues with the same name as user, <user2> is mapped 
     to queue name same as <primary group> respectively. The mappings will be 
     evaluated from left to right, and the first valid mapping will be used.
   </description>
 </property>