Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Updating Hostname and configuration on CDH 5.16.2

New Contributor

Hello,

I have followed this guide:

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-16-x/topics/cm_ag_change_hostnames.html

In order to change the hostname on my Cloudera single node CMS system. However, now none of my services will start. Everything is set to localhost (because its all on this one host). I notice that the old hostname is still referenced for the server... 

Even though Hive, Hue, YARN, etc are all set to "localhost" for their databases my ZooKeeper server keeps thinking it's still the previous hostname.

How do I get rid of the hostname that is stuck in Cloudera Manager / ZooKeeper?

The only other thing I can think to do is remove the "Server Name override" for the ZooKeeper myid and then restart the service to see if it picks up the new hostname.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@rjwiggins80 The most Important thing is check the config.ini file on host and see if there you have given the hostname correct (FQDN) in below section. 

[General]
# Hostname of the CM server.
server_host=host-10-17-100-241.coe.cloudera.com

So stop whole cluster and mgmt services and then CM server. At last stop agent on host and change the above details and then start the agent and service respectively. CM should fetch new hostname. 

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Guru

@rjwiggins80 The most Important thing is check the config.ini file on host and see if there you have given the hostname correct (FQDN) in below section. 

[General]
# Hostname of the CM server.
server_host=host-10-17-100-241.coe.cloudera.com

So stop whole cluster and mgmt services and then CM server. At last stop agent on host and change the above details and then start the agent and service respectively. CM should fetch new hostname. 

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.