Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Upgrading HDP 3.1.0 to 3.1.4 : no button to close properly after Finalize

Contributor

I'm facing an issue during the upgrade of HDP 3.1.0.0-78 to 3.1.4.0-315 on Ubuntu 18

All services have been updated by the upgrade progress, and after clicking on the Finalize button, I can see that the upgraded is finished, but there's no button to quit the upgrade progress. There's only the Dismiss button available.

I was waiting a dedicated button in order to close properly the upgrade process, other than the Dismiss button

HDP upgrade processHDP upgrade process

2 REPLIES 2

First of all: Please consider using the latest version of the platform. For HDP 3 that is currently HDP 3.1.5 which is kept up to date with nice little things such as security patches, it also offers a path towards CDP. (The next generation given that HDP will be end of life some time next year).

If there is anything holding you back from using 3.1.5 please reach out to your cloudera contact person.

That being said, judging from the info on the top left the upgrade seems finished. I would mainly pay attention to the red flags (oozie) to ensure it was fully successful.

- Dennis Jaheruddin

If this answer helped, please mark it as 'solved' and/or if it is valuable for future readers please apply 'kudos'.

Contributor

Thanks for this reply

I want to upgrade to the version 3.1.4, because the download of the packages of the version 3.1.5 requires a login/passwd that I don't have.

Regarding the red flag on Oozie, I think that it's due to the BUG-123169 that I will try to workaround with a upgrade of bigtop-tomcat