Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Urgent..please help me...2 data nodes goes down.

Expert Contributor

i have added dfs.namenode.acls.enable =true in hdfs..i have 4 data node cluster with HDP 2.1.2..i restart the services

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hi..tq for your time guys..i just restart the datanodes..now all nodes are up..the is resolved..but one issue(alert) left that is block health issue( correcpted blocks 108,under replicated blokcs: 500) not resolved...should i need to run hadoop fs -fsck command?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Master Guru

@sankar rao can you add here what you see in the log file?

Expert Contributor

@Sunile Manjee

i new this hadoop env..can please assist me where clould i found log file?

@sankar rao

Please log to server where datanodes are down

cd /var/log/hadoop/hdfs
ll -ltr

there you can find the file like this hadoop-hdfs-datanode-(hostname).log

tail -300f hadoop-hdfs-datanode-(hostname).log 

and paste the output here for analysing the issue.

Expert Contributor

i found hadoop-hdfs-namenode-(hostname).log but i con't datanode...i found this in cd /var/opt/teradata/log/hadoop directory in my system...

@sankar rao

check for Hadoop Log Dir Prefix property location In Ambari-->HDFS-->>Advance Hadoop env. Location pointing to that property, there you can find log files.

You need to check on datanode server.

Link

Expert Contributor

@SBandaru

it there like this .../var/opt/teradata/log/hadoop

while i go to cd //var/opt/teradata/log/hadoop ..i couldn't find any datanode..i can find namenode,zkfc,journalnode..etc but i con't see data node..

Master Guru

true is spelled wrong

Expert Contributor

Hi..tq for your time guys..i just restart the datanodes..now all nodes are up..the is resolved..but one issue(alert) left that is block health issue( correcpted blocks 108,under replicated blokcs: 500) not resolved...should i need to run hadoop fs -fsck command?