Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Using amazon ec2 with cloud break and docker

Explorer

I am asking these question to get a overview :

1 Q) When using m4.4xlarge instance on amazon ec2 with Docker/Cloudbreak and deploying a max Hadoop HA blueprint does each master/slave section of the blueprint as defined will it take a individual m4.4xlarge(with quite few instances) or all will be in one m4.4xlarge instance by resource split in deployment?

2 Q)Using docker i believe we can spit the resources that a container can use out of a total resources on the underlying Linux OS and do a necessary installation right.? (Yes or no)

3 Q)And on amazon ec2 while doing HDP deployment using Cloudbreak

---step 1:) I believe we have to first install Cloudbreak in a small ec2 instance type (yes/no)

--- step2 🙂 and then in the GUI screens of Cloudbreak depending on the blueprint sections of master/slaves use the appropriate instance types(yes/no)

4 Q) Is there any complete documentation step by step guide or tutorial anybody can suggest that i can read and proceed to do a HDP installation using docker/cloudbreak on amazon ec2.

5) So in general depending on the hourly cost of instance types what are other typical costs that add up to deploy a HDP cluster on amazon ec2. Just as an example to get an idea are they any cost spread sheet available anywhere to see to deploy a minimum cluster on amazon ec2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
1 REPLY 1

Rising Star
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login