Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Using nifi registry in a nifi cluster.

SOLVED Go to solution
Highlighted

Using nifi registry in a nifi cluster.

New Contributor

Hi,

I have a 3 node nifi cluster. I want to persist my flow file changes to a Git repo. I could do it locally on my single node system and it is very helpful in versioning. Wanted to check how will the configuration be done in the 3 node cluster. Can I just have registry on only one node in the cluster or should I put it in all 3 nodes. Also if such a thing is not supported, is there any work around to use nifi registry with a nifi cluster.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Using nifi registry in a nifi cluster.

NiFi Registry is a separate application and works the same whether NiFi is clustered or not. You can run NiFi Registry on one of the NiFi nodes or on a completely separate node, either way you just tell your NiFi cluster about the locaiton of NiFi Registry. It works the same whethere NiFi is clustered or standalone.

3 REPLIES 3

NiFi Registry is a separate application and works the same whether NiFi is clustered or not. You can run NiFi Registry on one of the NiFi nodes or on a completely separate node, either way you just tell your NiFi cluster about the locaiton of NiFi Registry. It works the same whethere NiFi is clustered or standalone.

New Contributor

@Bryan Bende: thanks, just one more thing, does this mean that if I make a change to one node in the cluster and commit, all the nodes in the nifi cluster will show that the commit has happened?

New Contributor

I tested it out on a cluster, works perfectly. Any changes made from any of the nifi cluster nodes and committed are reflected across all nifi nodes.