Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Using put Email processor in NiFI java.lang.NullPointerException: java.lang.NullPointerException

Contributor

Hi all,

I am trying to integrate sending emails from NiFi using the put email processor. Below is my configuration:
Immagine 2024-06-30 144645.pngImmagine 2024-06-30 144731.png

When I start the processor I get this error:

Failed to properly initialize Processor. If still scheduled to run, NiFi will attempt to initialize and run the Processor again after the 'Administrative Yield Duration' has elapsed. Failure is due to java.lang.NullPointerException: java.lang.NullPointerException

Screenshot 2024-06-30 144947.png

Do you have any advice regarding the configuration?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Hi all,

I solved sending emails using this configuration:

Mail.pngmail1.png

Lorenzo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Mentor

@Lorenzo 

There is not enough information provided to provide a good response here.

1. Providing the full stack trace output from the nifi-app.log may provide details that are helpful here (challenging considering the NPE nature of the exception)
2. Are you sure the SMTP server supports username and password authentication and not OAuth2 based authentication instead? PutEmail Additional Details

Please help our community grow. If you found any of the suggestions/solutions provided helped you with solving your issue or answering your question, please take a moment to login and click "Accept as Solution" on one or more of them that helped.

Thank you,
Matt

Community Manager

@Lorenzo Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future.  Thanks.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Contributor

Hi all,

I solved sending emails using this configuration:

Mail.pngmail1.png

Lorenzo