Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

WEB Hue issues with hive and dashboard issues

New Contributor
I have recently set up the Hue set up on my Hadoop cluster and everything seems fine. I was able to open the web-hue i.e., localhost:8888 and i can see the file browser, HBase and MySQL. But I am still facing some issues on this. Could anyone please help me out in this regard. Problems facing are : Hive connection: I am using beeline and i was able to connect to hive databases using beeline on the shell But in the web hue, it shows error loading databases. The configuration i have used in hue conf file is

hive_server_host=localhost

hive_server_port=10000

The second issue is even though i was able to connect to the MySQL database, the issue i am facing is in the dashboard tab. I can see all the widgets and charting options like pie,bar etc. But when i drag and drop them on the page, its loading forever. I don't able to see any chart of the table data.

Please help me out as i have been trying since 10 days and i could not able to find any pointers yet.

1 REPLY 1

Super Guru

@ruthika  Here is a working hive 3.0 (hdp3 - no ssl, no kerberos) config for hue 4.6.0:

[beeswax]

# Host where HiveServer2 is running.
  # If Kerberos security is enabled, use fully-qualified domain name (FQDN).
  hive_server_host=hdp.cloudera.com

# Binary thrift port for HiveServer2.
  #hive_server_port=10000

# Http thrift port for HiveServer2.
  #hive_server_http_port=10001

# Host where LLAP is running

## llap_server_host = localhost
# LLAP binary thrift port ## llap_server_port = 10500 # LLAP HTTP Thrift port ## llap_server_thrift_port = 10501 # Alternatively, use Service Discovery for LLAP (Hive Server Interactive) and/or Hiveserver2, this will override server and thrift port # Whether to use Service Discovery for LLAP ## hive_discovery_llap = true # is llap (hive server interactive) running in an HA configuration (more than 1) # important as the zookeeper structure is different ## hive_discovery_llap_ha = false # Shortcuts to finding LLAP znode Key # Non-HA - hiveserver-interactive-site - hive.server2.zookeeper.namespace ex hive2 = /hive2 # HA-NonKerberized - (llap_app_name)_llap ex app name llap0 = /llap0_llap # HA-Kerberized - (llap_app_name)_llap-sasl ex app name llap0 = /llap0_llap-sasl ## hive_discovery_llap_znode = /hiveserver2-hive2 # Whether to use Service Discovery for HiveServer2 hive_discovery_hs2 = true # Hiveserver2 is hive-site hive.server2.zookeeper.namespace ex hiveserver2 = /hiverserver2 hive_discovery_hiveserver2_znode = /hiveserver2 # Applicable only for LLAP HA # To keep the load on zookeeper to a minimum # ---- we cache the LLAP activeEndpoint for the cache_timeout period # ---- we cache the hiveserver2 endpoint for the length of session # configurations to set the time between zookeeper checks ## cache_timeout = 60 # Host where Hive Metastore Server (HMS) is running. # If Kerberos security is enabled, the fully-qualified domain name (FQDN) is required. #hive_metastore_host=hdp.cloudera.com # Configure the port the Hive Metastore Server runs on. #hive_metastore_port=9083 # Hive configuration directory, where hive-site.xml is located hive_conf_dir=/etc/hive/conf # Timeout in seconds for thrift calls to Hive service ## server_conn_timeout=120 # Choose whether to use the old GetLog() thrift call from before Hive 0.14 to retrieve the logs. # If false, use the FetchResults() thrift call from Hive 1.0 or more instead. ## use_get_log_api=false # Limit the number of partitions that can be listed. ## list_partitions_limit=10000 # The maximum number of partitions that will be included in the SELECT * LIMIT sample query for partitioned tables. ## query_partitions_limit=10 # A limit to the number of rows that can be downloaded from a query before it is truncated. # A value of -1 means there will be no limit. ## download_row_limit=100000 # A limit to the number of bytes that can be downloaded from a query before it is truncated. # A value of -1 means there will be no limit. ## download_bytes_limit=-1 # Hue will try to close the Hive query when the user leaves the editor page. # This will free all the query resources in HiveServer2, but also make its results inaccessible. ## close_queries=false # Hue will use at most this many HiveServer2 sessions per user at a time. # For Tez, increase the number to more if you need more than one query at the time, e.g. 2 or 3 (Tez has a maximum of 1 query by session). ## max_number_of_sessions=1 # Thrift version to use when communicating with HiveServer2. # Version 11 comes with Hive 3.0. If issues, try 7. thrift_version=11 # A comma-separated list of white-listed Hive configuration properties that users are authorized to set. ## config_whitelist=hive.map.aggr,hive.exec.compress.output,hive.exec.parallel,hive.execution.engine,mapreduce.job.queuename # Override the default desktop username and password of the hue user used for authentications with other services. # e.g. Used for LDAP/PAM pass-through authentication. ## auth_username=hive ## auth_password=hive # Use SASL framework to establish connection to host. use_sasl=true

Pay close attention the values I have uncommented.  Especially the zk discovery, thrift version, and SASL

Regarding your second issue:   please monitor /var/log/hue/error.log for any errors while operating dashboard.  Share those with us so we can be helpful.  Additionally, you may need to use browser Dev Tool and report any client side errors associated to dashboard tools & widgets.   You can also post and find help on the Hue Discourse.