Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

What are the latest Hive JDBC drivers for CDP 7.1.7 and where can I obtain them?

Explorer

I was looking for jar files like below but not sure which drivers I need and where to obtain them.

hive-exec.jar
hive-jdbc.jar
hive-metastore.jar
hive-service.jar

Any support is greatly appreciated! Thank YOU!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Thank YOU again Andre! I will look into this. Have also inquired with GIS at the company I work for since they've deployed CDP 7.1.7! Keeping my fingers crossed. 🙂

Have a wonderful and blessed week Andre and as always THANK YOU for all your guidance!

Sincerely,

JohnnyC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Super Guru

@JohnnyC ,

You can download the latest JDBC driver from here.

Cheers,

André

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.

Explorer

My apologies Andre for my lack of knowledge here. 

The only jar file I see in the zipped file from the download site is HiveJDBC42.jar

However, I am being instructed to copy over four Cloudera JDBC Connector driver files as shown below. Do you know where I can get the other 3 jar files?

(for those only using HiveServer2)
TCLIServiceClient.jar
HiveJDBC42.jar
hive_service.jar
hive_metastore.jar

I truly appreciate your help Andre!

Super Guru

@JohnnyC ,

Where are you reading these instructions from?

André

--

Explorer

Hi Andre,

This is the link the Aqua Data Studio Customer Support gave me.

http://www.aquaclusters.com/app/home/project/public/aquadatastudio/wikibook/Documentation20.6/page/A...

Thanks Andre!

Super Guru

@JohnnyC ,

I see. These instructions actually refer to JAR files taken from the actual CDP deployment, not the one we distribute separately. These JARs can be found under the /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/jars directory, in any of the CDP nodes.

[centos@cdp ~]$ ls -l /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/jars/hive-{exec,jdbc,metastore,service}-[0-9]*[0-9].jar
-rw-r--r--. 1 cloudera-scm cloudera-scm 45594524 Aug  3  2021 /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/jars/hive-exec-3.1.3000.7.1.7.0-551.jar
-rw-r--r--. 1 cloudera-scm cloudera-scm   129949 Aug  3  2021 /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/jars/hive-jdbc-3.1.3000.7.1.7.0-551.jar
-rw-r--r--. 1 cloudera-scm cloudera-scm    41223 Aug  3  2021 /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/jars/hive-metastore-3.1.3000.7.1.7.0-551.jar
-rw-r--r--. 1 cloudera-scm cloudera-scm   771018 Aug  3  2021 /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/jars/hive-service-3.1.3000.7.1.7.0-551.jar

Cheers,

André

--

--

Explorer

Thank YOU again Andre for clearing that up!

Do you need a subscription to access these individual JAR files as I was not able access the CDH site? 😞 I tried to create a case ticket but it indicated that I do not have access to create one. 😞

Regardless Andre - I really do appreciate your selfless support and patience with my questions!

Super Guru

@JohnnyC ,

No worries.

For the very latest update of the latest product you do need subscription. But there's a trial available for a reasonably new version of CDP 7.1.7: https://www.cloudera.com/downloads/cdp-private-cloud-trial.html

Regards,

André

--

--

Explorer

Thank YOU again Andre! I will look into this. Have also inquired with GIS at the company I work for since they've deployed CDP 7.1.7! Keeping my fingers crossed. 🙂

Have a wonderful and blessed week Andre and as always THANK YOU for all your guidance!

Sincerely,

JohnnyC