Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

What are the steps for moving a zookeeper server?

Super Collaborator

Many nodes and updates ago, when we first got started with Hadoop, we assigned one of our data nodes as a zookeeper server.

I would like to move that to an edge node.

Is there a document that outlines that steps to accomplish this? I'm on 2.2.8

Similarly, we need to move our ambari metrics server.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor
12 REPLIES 12

Super Collaborator

Thanks.

FYI - there's an extra space character in "- i" on both of the curl commands

Super Collaborator

I know it's already closed, but just to want share the steps on how to transfer/add zookeeper to another hosts.

1. Stop the Zookeeper server.
  2. Select Hosts on the Ambari dashboard, then select the host on which to install the new Zookeeper server.
  3. On the Summary page of the new Zookeeper host, select Add > Zookeeper Server and add the new Zookeeper server.
  4. Double check and update the following properties on the new Zookeeper server (use the existing Zookeeper server settings as a reference).
    • ha.zookeeper.quorum
    • hbase.zookeeper.quorum
    • templeton.zookeeper.hosts
    • yarn.resourcemanager.zk-address
    • hive.zookeeper.quorum
    • hive.cluster.delegation.token.store.zookeeper.connectString
  5. Select Hosts on the Ambari dashboard, then select the original Zookeeper server host. Select Zookeeper > Service Actions > Delete Service to delete the original Zookeeper server.
  6. Save the HDFS namespace.
  7. Restart the new Zookeeper server and other services affected.

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/48943/how-to-move-the-zookeeper-server-to-another-host-a.... (thanks to @jkuang

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.4.0.1/bk_ambari-reference/content/ch_amb_ref_movi...

Contributor

Hello @Michael Dennis "MD" Uanang

can you confirm that this worked on a 3-nodes Zookeeper install? I mean, I need to move my zk cluster from the original 3 hosts to other 3 hosts, will this work repeating 3 times the same procedure?