Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

What is hortonworks URL where I can run Hive, Pig and also browse files from my local computer and load to HDFS

New Contributor

I am very beginner to Big Data and Hadoop. I was going through an online course where I saw the URL 127.0.0.1:8000/about. I see it to be Hortonworks Sandbox with HDP 2.2.I am using Hortonworks Sandbox with HDP 2.4 and where 127.0.0.1:8000/about URL does not work. What is the respective URL for the web interface in HDP 2.4 where I can play with all components of Hadoop like Hive, Pig etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Jawed Ansari

Please see the attached document . In the screenshot attached I am using HDP 2.3.2 but I had to tweak the network settings, you can see that the tutorials are available.

Please let me know if that helped you

jawed.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Mentor

@Jawed Ansari

Please see the attached document . In the screenshot attached I am using HDP 2.3.2 but I had to tweak the network settings, you can see that the tutorials are available.

Please let me know if that helped you

jawed.png

New Contributor

Thanks for the answer. But I would not like to tweak my network setting as I am afraid I mess-up something. There should be something straight forward for the URL where I can play with all the Hadoop components from the web interface. If anyone else knows please help. Thanks.. Jawed

Master Mentor

@Jawed Ansari

That will only affect the sandbox NOT even you host machine ...If you are so scared then I fear you won't learn I like screwing up stuff and trying to find my way out!!

Its safe so go ahead and its just a Sandbox no production stuff !!

Super Collaborator

Once you start the sandbox, the url would be displayed within your VM. For the online shell, try http://localhost:4200/ For detailed instructions, refer http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/learning-the-ropes-of-the-hortonworks-sandbox/