Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

What is recommendation data quality tool for ambari cluster?

Explorer

I'm trying to deploy apache griffin (data quality) in ambari cluster. However, It unsuccessfully deployed.

Is there any data quality tool or any recommendation data quality tool that can successfully implement with ambari cluster?

3 REPLIES 3

Super Guru

@Elf Can you sure the method and failure details for install with ambari?   There is always a way to work around those issues even if its some manual adjustments in ambari or the agent during install.

Explorer

@stevenmatison 

I use apache griffin deployment guide to install griffin in ambari cluster https://github.com/apache/griffin/blob/master/griffin-doc/deploy/deploy-guide.md

Not sure ambari is supported for griffin or not

Super Guru

@Elf  IMO anything is possible with ambari.  That said, out of the box, maybe it would not appear to be possible without some advanced ambari admin skills.   

I took a look at the link you provided and that is an example of how to spin up a single machine with many of the services you may already have in your ambari cluster.     To install griffin in an ambari cluster you would need to pick a node, install griffin, missing requirements (services/components not in your cluster), and thoughtfully modify the configuration to use the existing services from the ambari cluster.  For example,  feed griffin you configuration locations for hadoop, hdfs, hive, etc and NOT use the specific directions to install those parts based on sample documentation.

If you do decide to go down this path, please update here with your progress or create new Questions with specific errors you may have.