Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

What is the Best Practice for Querying NiFi 1.0.0 REST API for Provenance Events

Master Guru

I would like to get a list of all provenance events

https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/rest-api/index.html

Ideally I would like to ingest them with NIFI and store them in HDFS.

Is there an example of POST /provenance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Timothy Spann, take a look at this answer I just provided for a similar question.

Although, you should also look at SiteToSiteProvenanceReportingTask, which allows you "export" them from the NiFi provenance repository and ingest them into a NiFi instance (could be remote, could be same) as pure data and then manipulate them as you would any other data (e.g. feed to PutHDFS).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Timothy Spann, take a look at this answer I just provided for a similar question.

Although, you should also look at SiteToSiteProvenanceReportingTask, which allows you "export" them from the NiFi provenance repository and ingest them into a NiFi instance (could be remote, could be same) as pure data and then manipulate them as you would any other data (e.g. feed to PutHDFS).

Expert Contributor

Hi @Timothy Spann, this is an old post of yours, but I've a similar need as you posted here; I wanted to know if you were able to come up with a working version of a dataflow that queries NiFi API provenance events; if you did, I appreciate if you could share some info about that. Thanks in advance.