Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

What kind of scenario custom processor will best fit and execute script will best fit

New Contributor

What kind of scenario custom processor will best fit and execute script will best fit?

I need some real time simple scenario where the existing processor will not helpful and custom processor(by the way execute script) will be best fit.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

Simply said, any time the use case is not covered by the 170+ built-in processors and you have something really specific you're trying to process. additionally, something that cannot be covered by ExecuteScript processor, which is pretty hard to imagine is even the case as it's pretty powerful already. I guess if you're more comfortable with Java than Groovy, jython, lua or JavaScript, go with building a custom processor but always make sure you exhausted your search by anything built-in.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Mentor

Simply said, any time the use case is not covered by the 170+ built-in processors and you have something really specific you're trying to process. additionally, something that cannot be covered by ExecuteScript processor, which is pretty hard to imagine is even the case as it's pretty powerful already. I guess if you're more comfortable with Java than Groovy, jython, lua or JavaScript, go with building a custom processor but always make sure you exhausted your search by anything built-in.