Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

What the commands "enable_table_replication" or "disable_table_replication" do

Rising Star

Hi

I would like to know if these commands disable the table before activating/deactivating the replication of families so that services using it get stuck.

I know to activate replication manually I have to first disable the table, change to "1" the colum "REPLICATION_SCOPE" and then enable again, so I would like to know if these commands do it automatically...I suppose so, but I want to be sure to calcule impact on services using the table.

Regards,

Silvio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

As long as "hbase.online.schema.update.enable" is not set to false in hbase-site.xml, this will be done without disabling the table.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Super Guru

As long as "hbase.online.schema.update.enable" is not set to false in hbase-site.xml, this will be done without disabling the table.

Rising Star

I can´t see that property explicitely defined as "False" in hbase-site.xml, so I can suppose it is True. We are using HDP 2.3.2.0-2950, wich includes HBase 1.1.2, so I think it is defined as True by default. Is it?

Super Guru

Yes, the default is "true". That's why I stated my reply in the way I did. As long as you are not setting the property to false, the (default) value would be true, and thus the table would not be disabled in the process.

Rising Star

Ok, thank you very much for answering 🙂