Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

When I implement Hive LLAP the JDBC URLS are identical for HiveServer2 and HiveServer2 interactive (both have port 2181)

Guru

When I implement Hive LLAP the JDBC URLS are identical for HiveServer2 and HiveServer2 interactive (both have port 2181). Why is this / what am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

@Greg Keys: The difference between LLAP and Hiveserver2 JDBC URL will be in zooKeeperNamespace. For LLAP the zookeeper namesepace would be hiveserver2-hive2 where as for hiveserver2 the zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2. Can you check the same?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Super Guru

weird, could you please post both the url?

Contributor

@Greg Keys: The difference between LLAP and Hiveserver2 JDBC URL will be in zooKeeperNamespace. For LLAP the zookeeper namesepace would be hiveserver2-hive2 where as for hiveserver2 the zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2. Can you check the same?

Guru

Thank you @Vani, you are correct, the zookeeper namespace distinguishes the URLs (which is not visible from Ambari UI until you copy-paste somewhere)

Do you know if this is different for TP (HDP 2.5) vs GA (HDP 2.6) Hive LLAP? I seem to remember the ports being different.

Guru

I recall now the port differences ... it is between HiveServer2 (10000) and HiveServer2 Interactive (10500) and nothing with jdbc

Contributor
@Greg Keys

Yes. You are right. The JDBC URL for LLAP is same in HDP 2.5 and 2.6. And yes Hiveserver2 port is 10000 and LLAP port is 10500

@Vani Is it possible to make LLAP the default namespace? I want to use a JDBC URL without the zooKeeperNamespace parameter.