Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

When i run the query it's executed but the output is not display in hive?

Explorer

2020-02-10 16:28:56 Starting to launch local task to process map join; maximum memory = 477626368

SELECT n.Id,
t.job_id,
t.job_title,
n.Name,
n.Email,
n.Mobile_Number,
n.Education,
n.Total_Experiance,
n.project_id,
((count(n.new_skills)*100)/s.skill_count) Average
FROM
rmt_demo.resume_convert n
JOIN
rmt_demo.job_description_convert t ON n.new_skills = t.skills and n.job_position = t.job_title
JOIN
rmt_demo.skill_count s ON n.job_position = s.job_title
JOIN
rmt_demo.education e ON n.education = e.education
GROUP BY
n.Id,t.job_id,t.job_title, n.Name, n.Email, n.Mobile_Number, n.Education, n.Total_Experiance,n.project_id,s.skill_count;

Hive.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

You will need to further isolate the issue to understand the root cause.

There are 4 tables involved rmt_demo.resume_convert, rmt_demo.job_description_convert, rmt_demo.skill_count and rmt_demo.education.

Are you noticing results when you do select each of these tables individually?

If yes, after doing join you are not noticing result then it implies there are no rows matching the join criteria.

If you are not able to retrieve results from none of the tables. Then you would need to inspect the table location. To get table location you can run describe formatted <table_name> and then run hdfs dfs -ls <table_location> to understand if there are any data underneath it

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Collaborator

What version of CDH/HDP are you trying this on?

Per the query you shared you are running a insert query and for insert you wont see any results on the console? Are you trying to run another select query after this insert query which is not showing results? 

What results do you get for this query

SELECT n.Id,
t.job_id,
t.job_title,
n.Name,
n.Email,
n.Mobile_Number,
n.Education,
n.Total_Experiance,
n.project_id,
((count(n.new_skills)*100)/s.skill_count) Average
FROM
rmt_demo.resume_convert n
JOIN
rmt_demo.job_description_convert t ON n.new_skills = t.skills and n.job_position = t.job_title
JOIN
rmt_demo.skill_count s ON n.job_position = s.job_title
JOIN
rmt_demo.education e ON n.education = e.education
GROUP BY
n.Id,t.job_id,t.job_title, n.Name, n.Email, n.Mobile_Number, n.Education, n.Total_Experiance,n.project_id,s.skill_count;

Explorer

@venkatsambath  We are not using CDH. We have configured Hadoop ecosystem separately in Ubuntu 18.04 (Hadoop 2.6.0, Hive 2.1.1).

When using the select query without using insert line and run the query i am getting same problem in hive.

Master Collaborator

You will need to further isolate the issue to understand the root cause.

There are 4 tables involved rmt_demo.resume_convert, rmt_demo.job_description_convert, rmt_demo.skill_count and rmt_demo.education.

Are you noticing results when you do select each of these tables individually?

If yes, after doing join you are not noticing result then it implies there are no rows matching the join criteria.

If you are not able to retrieve results from none of the tables. Then you would need to inspect the table location. To get table location you can run describe formatted <table_name> and then run hdfs dfs -ls <table_location> to understand if there are any data underneath it

Explorer

@venkatsambathevery thing i ok in table but still i am facing the same problem.

I am load my data from local to hive.

Explorer

@venkatsambathIt's working thank you.