Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

When starting cloudera quikstart in VM virtualbox maneger getting aborted

Hi Sir/Madam,

While starting cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.13.0-0-virtualbox in Oracle VM VirtualBox, Cloudera gets aborted.

For VM VirtualBox : 

I selected

Windows 7(64-bit),2048M,1 Processor,32GB hard disk

Image : 

Ankita_hankare_0-1683991397019.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1. Start the machine.
  2. Press F1 to enter BIOS.
  3. Security-> System Security
  4. Enable Virtualization Technology (VTx) and Virtualization Technology Directed I/O (VTd).
  5. Save and restart the machine.

I did this.Now cloudera quickstart is running.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Community Manager

@Ankita_hankare, Welcome to our community! To help you get the best possible answer, I have tagged our CDP experts @vaishaakb @rki_ @gyadav @PrathapKumar  who may be able to assist you further.

Please feel free to provide any additional information or details about your query, and we hope that you will find a satisfactory solution to your question.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

👍

Master Collaborator

@Ankita_hankare 

Thank you for reaching out to our community!

From the screenshot attached, I see the error E_FAIL (0x80004005)

ISSUE CONTEXT:

Citing a Third-Party Article[0a] along with a thread related to this on VirtualBox Forum[0b]

VirtualBox E_FAIL (0x80004005) errors can occur for a variety of reasons. It includes faulty settings in VirtualBox and incompatibilities with third-party applications. Additionally, improper Network Adapter configuration and incorrect configuration files may also cause this issue. The error generally appears after you install a new release of VirtualBox.[0a]

[0a] https://www.makeuseof.com/virtualbox-e-fail-0x80004005-error-windows/

[0b] https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=102487

Let me know how it goes!

Cheers!

V

I tried but not working.

My laptop has 16Gb RAM, a Drive having 110Gb free space, Windows 10, intel core TM i5 vpro tm.

Master Collaborator

@Ankita_hankare Thank you! 

I still suspect the error is related to a potential misconfiguration on the Oracle VirtualBox.

However, It is unfortunate the Cloudera Quick start VM has been discontinued as Cloudera no longer supports Cloudera QuickStart VM.

May I encourage you trying the docker image of Cloudera available publicly on the Docker Hub

https://hub.docker.com/r/cloudera/quickstart OR simply run below command to download this on docker installed system?

docker pull cloudera/quickstart

On a side note, Our latest product lineup is  Cloudera Data Platform(CDP), and you can try our trial version of CDP here

Let me know your thoughts!

Cheers 

V

1. Start the machine.
  2. Press F1 to enter BIOS.
  3. Security-> System Security
  4. Enable Virtualization Technology (VTx) and Virtualization Technology Directed I/O (VTd).
  5. Save and restart the machine.

I did this.Now cloudera quickstart is running.