Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

When the number of indexers of lily hbase indexer service is created to 200+, a large number of TIME_WAIT ports appear

New Contributor

91567-time-wait-副本.jpg

Version: CDH5.13.3, corresponding to hbase1.2.0

Nodes: Nine work nodes, three management nodes

Main role assignment: Nine regionserver, datanode, and solr server, three of which were lily hbase indexer

Background: Hbase for solr, solr stores the secondary index of hbase, and the index is automatically synchronized through lily hbase indexer

Question:

When creating the indexer number to 200+, we found a lot of TIME_WAIT port (almost 30000), in the regionserver log found this :"Retrying the connect to server: xx.xx.com/ipAddress:50020. Already tried 1 time (s); Retry the policy is RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep (maxRetries = 10, sleepTime = 1000 MILLISECONDS)". when delete all the indexers , port back to normal, hbase back to normal Initial suspicion is that this version of hbase's multi-wal is in conflict with the replication functionality. Originally configured with 3 WAL, then we changed to single and re-created with 200+ indexers,although TIME_WAIT port down to about 10,000,but is still not solved,Can you give me some advice??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

Hello,

I've been experiencing similar problem with large number of TIME_WAIT sockets. I knew it is related to replication, so I started researching replication options and found following:

I've set replication.source.sleepforretries to 1 according to these instructions:

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP3/HDP-3.0.1/fault-tolerance/content/spreading_queue_fai...

They say it is 1 for 1 second, but if you look at the HBase source code, you'll see that it is milliseconds and should be 1000 for 1 second. After changing replication.source.sleepforretries from 1 to 1000 with replication enabled, the number of TIME_WAIT (TIME-WAIT) sockets dropped to normal value.

So check it, maybe you have set it at 1. And to Hortonworks, please fix the docs.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

New Contributor

Hello,

I've been experiencing similar problem with large number of TIME_WAIT sockets. I knew it is related to replication, so I started researching replication options and found following:

I've set replication.source.sleepforretries to 1 according to these instructions:

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP3/HDP-3.0.1/fault-tolerance/content/spreading_queue_fai...

They say it is 1 for 1 second, but if you look at the HBase source code, you'll see that it is milliseconds and should be 1000 for 1 second. After changing replication.source.sleepforretries from 1 to 1000 with replication enabled, the number of TIME_WAIT (TIME-WAIT) sockets dropped to normal value.

So check it, maybe you have set it at 1. And to Hortonworks, please fix the docs.