Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Where are we with integrating OpenSSO with Knox?

Guru

I tried looking for it online and could not find much information. Is this something that is actively being developed or can be done as part of professional services?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hi Vendant - SAML v2 available in the Apache Knox 0.7.0 release through the PicketLink federation provider. It is however not documented since the PicketLink project itself is being reworked into a larger identity solution. The Apache Knox 0.8.0 release which should be finalizing in the next week or so will leverage the pac4j provider that has recently been committed. Pac4j provider SAML v2 as well as various other integrations and is the focus of the 0.8.0 release. While I haven't tested it explicitly with OpenSSO, it has been successfully tested with shibboleth and Okta for SAML prior to commit. Given an environment with OpenSSO deployed, a professional services organization would be great to contribute such testing - you don't get much closer to the real world and the customers than that!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

Hi Vendant - SAML v2 available in the Apache Knox 0.7.0 release through the PicketLink federation provider. It is however not documented since the PicketLink project itself is being reworked into a larger identity solution. The Apache Knox 0.8.0 release which should be finalizing in the next week or so will leverage the pac4j provider that has recently been committed. Pac4j provider SAML v2 as well as various other integrations and is the focus of the 0.8.0 release. While I haven't tested it explicitly with OpenSSO, it has been successfully tested with shibboleth and Okta for SAML prior to commit. Given an environment with OpenSSO deployed, a professional services organization would be great to contribute such testing - you don't get much closer to the real world and the customers than that!

Guru
@lmccay

Thanks for the info Larry. We are in the process of working with the prospect. I'll let you know when we cross that bridge.