Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Where can I get start up scripts for nodemanager, hivemeta, hbase master, regions, history server etc? HDP installed version is 2.3.0

Expert Contributor

Where can I get start up scripts for nodemanager, hivemeta, hbase master, regions, history server etc? HDP installed version is 2.3.0.

I got few start up scripts from the link below:

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.4.0/bk_HDP_Reference_Guide/content/starting_hdp...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

You can find start-up commands for all HDP-2.3.0 services in the so-called Non-Ambari Cluster Installation Guide. For example, for HBase master and Region servers they are on this page. There are such guides for every HDP versions, but commands to start basic services are more or less the same across all recent versions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

You can find start-up commands for all HDP-2.3.0 services in the so-called Non-Ambari Cluster Installation Guide. For example, for HBase master and Region servers they are on this page. There are such guides for every HDP versions, but commands to start basic services are more or less the same across all recent versions.

Expert Contributor

You can locate them through ambari. When you (re)start a service you can click on the operations > operation > tasks and inspect the commands:

3829-screen-shot-2016-04-29-at-105530.png

If you look closely the script being executed for restarting the nodemanager is at 08:53:13,592. The script is located in /usr/hdp/current/hadoop-yarn-nodemanager/sbin/yarn-daemon.sh. This file is shipped with the distribution. Before executing this file users are created and config is pushed.

The preparation of these steps happen on the AmbariServer. You can search for the python scripts. For example the nodemanager in the /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/common-services/YARN/2.1.0.2.0/package/scripts/.

If you change one these files, don't forget to restart the ambari-server, because the files are cached. After an ambari-server upgrade these changes will be overridden reverted.

Hope this helps.