Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Where can I run tsquery ?

Explorer

I am trying to learn the basics in cloudera and Impala and by reading this documentation :
https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/6/6.3/topics/admin_cluster_util_custom.html#conce...
I saw that with tsquery I can monitor Impala. I want to ask :
1) where can I run these kind of queries?
2) where can I find the attributes like category and clusterName in cloudera? 

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

Hi @drgenious,

In CM -> Charts -> Chart Builder builder you can run tsquery. Refer to this link:

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/6/6.3/topics/cm_dg_chart_time_series_data.html

In Chart Builder text bar, write an incomplete query like:

SELECT get_file_info_rate

Below the text bar there is Facets, click on More, select any Facets you want, for example you select clusterName, then you will see a the clusterName shows in the chart's title.

Then you can complete your tsquery: SELECT get_file_info_rate where clusterName=xxxxx

If you want to build impala related charts, suggest to firstly review the CM > Impala service > Charts Library, many charts are already there for common monitoring purpose. You can open any of the existing charts to learn how to construct the tsquery and then build your own charts.

Another very good place to learn is CM > Charts > Chart Builder, at right side you will see a "?" button, click on it you will see many examples and you could just cllick "try it".

Regards,

Will

If the answer helps, please accept as solution and click thumbs up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Collaborator

Hi @drgenious,

In CM -> Charts -> Chart Builder builder you can run tsquery. Refer to this link:

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/6/6.3/topics/cm_dg_chart_time_series_data.html

In Chart Builder text bar, write an incomplete query like:

SELECT get_file_info_rate

Below the text bar there is Facets, click on More, select any Facets you want, for example you select clusterName, then you will see a the clusterName shows in the chart's title.

Then you can complete your tsquery: SELECT get_file_info_rate where clusterName=xxxxx

If you want to build impala related charts, suggest to firstly review the CM > Impala service > Charts Library, many charts are already there for common monitoring purpose. You can open any of the existing charts to learn how to construct the tsquery and then build your own charts.

Another very good place to learn is CM > Charts > Chart Builder, at right side you will see a "?" button, click on it you will see many examples and you could just cllick "try it".

Regards,

Will

If the answer helps, please accept as solution and click thumbs up.