Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Where is exactly cloudera manager? How to find it on Vmware sandbox?

New Contributor

I just downloaded quickstart vm cloudera sandbox on Vmware software. Then, I set the processor to 2 to make it work faster. Now, I can see the homescreen.Capture.PNG

like this. I know it is a stupid question. Maybe, it is. Maybe not. But, where is cloudera manager? Is it some icon? I don't know how to and where to find it. Please HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Champion

You can allocate 4GB

kick off this command in the terminal . that should bring you a cloudera manager express edition 

sudo /home/cloudera/cloudera-manager --force --express

Once everything is started in the terminal you wll see a Cloudera manager url along with the credentials .

Let me know if this is suffice  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Community Manager

The launch Cloudera Express icon is what you are looking for. I suggest looking over our community article on setting up the QuickStart VM to ensure you have the proper resources allocated to the VM. 

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor

When I opened lauch express, terminal appeared with warning: it is highly recommended that you run cloudera express in a vm with at least 8GB of RAM.

You can override these checks by passing in the --force option,

e.g., sudo /homecloudera/cloudera-manager --force

press [ENTER] to exit...

P.S. I have allocated 2 procrssors and ram about 3.5 GB. Do you want me to change VM settings and give 8GB of ram that all I have to Cloudera quickstart VM?

Champion

You can allocate 4GB

kick off this command in the terminal . that should bring you a cloudera manager express edition 

sudo /home/cloudera/cloudera-manager --force --express

Once everything is started in the terminal you wll see a Cloudera manager url along with the credentials .

Let me know if this is suffice  

New Contributor

Thanks. That works for me. 🙂