Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Where to put Flume custom source/sink jar

hi 

I am using custom Flume source and sink. I have created jar from that code and put it at

/$FLUME_HOME/plugin.d and define following at flume-env.sh file

FLUME_CLASSPATH="/opt/cdpdeployment/apache-flume-1.9.0-bin/plugin.d/*.jar"

but when I run below command

flume-ng agent -n agent -c -conf /opt/cdpdeployment/apache-flume-1.9.0-bin/conf/ -f /opt/cdpdeployment/apache-flume-1.9.0-bin/conf/flume-cdp.conf -Dflume.root.logger=DEBUG,console

I am getting below error:

22/07/01 16:54:15 ERROR node.PollingPropertiesFileConfigurationProvider: Failed to load configuration data. Exception follows.
org.apache.flume.FlumeException: Unable to load source type: com.cisco.cim.flume.source.CimKafkaSource, class: com.cisco.cim.flume.source.CimKafkaSource
at org.apache.flume.source.DefaultSourceFactory.getClass(DefaultSourceFactory.java:68)
at org.apache.flume.source.DefaultSourceFactory.create(DefaultSourceFactory.java:42)
at org.apache.flume.node.AbstractConfigurationProvider.loadSources(AbstractConfigurationProvider.java:322)
at org.apache.flume.node.AbstractConfigurationProvider.getConfiguration(AbstractConfigurationProvider.java:105)
at org.apache.flume.node.PollingPropertiesFileConfigurationProvider$FileWatcherRunnable.run(PollingPropertiesFileConfigurationProvider.java:145)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.cisco.cim.flume.source.CimKafkaSource
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:382)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:349)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
at org.apache.flume.source.DefaultSourceFactory.getClass(DefaultSourceFactory.java:66)
... 11 more

Could you help me where I am making mistake.

I am using standalone Flume not part of Cloudera environment.

2 REPLIES 2

Community Manager

@Uday_Singh2022 Hi, Flume has been replaced with Cloudera Flow Management (CFM). CFM is a no-code data ingestion and management solution powered by Apache NiFi. Contact your Cloudera account team for more information about moving from Flume to CFM. You can find more information HERE

Flume is not a supported component in CDP. You can find documentations on Flume on it's official website:

https://flume.apache.org/

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Community Manager

@Uday_Singh2022 Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. Thanks

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: