Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Which jars are needed for ApplicationMaster?

Expert Contributor

EDIT: I forgot to say I am trying to run Spark 2.2 as an independent service that uses HDP2.6.

Please help I am running out of time!

I run:

./bin/spark-submit --class org.apache.spark.examples.SparkPi     --master yarn     --deploy-mode cluster     --driver-memory 4g     --executor-memory 2g     --executor-cores 1     --queue thequeue     examples/jars/spark-examples*.jar     10 --executor-cores 4 --num-executors 11 --driver-java-options="-Dhdp.version=2.6.0.3-8"  --conf "spark.executor.extraJavaOptions=-Dhdp.version=2.6.0.3-8"

I get this error:

Spark YARN Cluster mode get this error “Could not find or load main class org.apache.spark.deploy.yarn.ApplicationMaster”

I have tried all the fixes I can find except:

1. Classpath issues. Wher do I set this and to waht?

2. This question suggests it may be due to missing jars. Which jars do I need and what do I do with them?

TIA!

4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor

The problem is that it could not find necessary jar files. put the following statement in spark-env.sh

SPARK_DIST_CLASSPATH="$SPARK_HOME/jars/*"

Expert Contributor

Thanks! Unfortunately it already has that line.

Master Mentor

@ed day

Sometimes this happens "spark-assembly" jar is not being deployed correctly in HDFS (or gets corrupted).

So please try to Deploy the "spark-assembly" jar correctly in HDFS and removed users ".sparkStaging" directory

# su - hdfs
# hdfs dfs -rm /hdp/apps/x.x.x.x.x/spark/spark-hdp-assembly.jar
#  hdfs dfs -put  /usr/hdp/x.x.x.x/spark/lib/spark-assembly-1.y.y.x.x.x.x-hadoopx.x.x.x.x..jar  /hdp/apps/x.x.x.x/spark/spark-hdp-assembly.jar 

Please replace the x.x.x.x with the version of hdp / component based on your setup.

And also please delete the ".sparkStaging" HDFS directory of the user who is running the Job.

# su - testuser
# hdfs dfs -rm -r -f .sparkStaging

Expert Contributor

@Jay Kumar SenSharma

Thanks! Sorry forgot to say I am trying to run Spark 2.2 as an independent service that uses HDP2.6. I assum this won't work for it.