Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Which specific tests we suppose to run during Rolling upgrade to HDP 2.5.3.0?

Expert Contributor

I'm doing the Rolling Upgrade from HDP 2.4.3 to 2.5.3.0.

Ambari version: 2.4.1.0

Kerberos enabled: yes

During the upgrade process I'm seeing below message. Can someone suggest me which tests I should be running?

13800-rolling-upgrade-warning.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@P D

That is the usual QA step. Pick and choose from here: https://github.com/aengusrooneyhortonworks/HadoopBenchmarks

If you use HDFS, Hive, HBase, choose those applicable. At the minimum you could hive test-bench and teragen/terasort, and maybe one for HBase.

You could do those, but it may take time. You could just login to Hive and run some queries. Then log to HBase and perform usual commands using hbase-shell and you could also run SQL via Phoenix.

This is a smoke test suite that you could build for the upgrades. You may have to include tests for all the tools in the ecosystem. There will be Storm topologies that you have to handle. There will be Spark jobs that you have to test etc.

A test plan of each tool is a good thing.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Super Guru

@P D

That is the usual QA step. Pick and choose from here: https://github.com/aengusrooneyhortonworks/HadoopBenchmarks

If you use HDFS, Hive, HBase, choose those applicable. At the minimum you could hive test-bench and teragen/terasort, and maybe one for HBase.

You could do those, but it may take time. You could just login to Hive and run some queries. Then log to HBase and perform usual commands using hbase-shell and you could also run SQL via Phoenix.

This is a smoke test suite that you could build for the upgrades. You may have to include tests for all the tools in the ecosystem. There will be Storm topologies that you have to handle. There will be Spark jobs that you have to test etc.

A test plan of each tool is a good thing.