Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Why CurrentCapacity exceeds MaximumCapacity?

Solved Go to solution

Why CurrentCapacity exceeds MaximumCapacity?

New Contributor

I've configure queue default capacity to 20 dan maximum-capacity to 30. When I see with command "mapred queue -list", CurrentCapacity can exceeds MaximumCapacity (30) even its can exceeds 100% as seen in picture below.

Please explain me why this happen? Thank you.

2017-09-07-215235.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Why CurrentCapacity exceeds MaximumCapacity?

Hi @nur majid,

In mapred queue -list output, default capacity and maximum capacity are with respect to Cluster' resources whereas current capacity is with respect to Queue's resources.

Example -

Assume cluster's resources - 10GB

Default Queue default capacity is 20% of cluster's resources which is 2GB

But default queue can go upto 30% of cluster's resources [maximum capacity] which is 3GB

Current capacity is 101% of Queue's capacity [Remember , queue's capacity is 2GB] , so it will come around 2.02GB which is less than 3GB[maximum capacity].

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hi @nur majid,

In mapred queue -list output, default capacity and maximum capacity are with respect to Cluster' resources whereas current capacity is with respect to Queue's resources.

Example -

Assume cluster's resources - 10GB

Default Queue default capacity is 20% of cluster's resources which is 2GB

But default queue can go upto 30% of cluster's resources [maximum capacity] which is 3GB

Current capacity is 101% of Queue's capacity [Remember , queue's capacity is 2GB] , so it will come around 2.02GB which is less than 3GB[maximum capacity].

New Contributor

Well explained @ssathish. I accept this as correct answer. Thank you.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here